National History Day in Arizona
Southern Arizona Regional Competition Results
Junior Group Exhibit
First place: The Policy That Changed China: The Debate, Diplomacy and the Effect of the One-Child System on China and the World, Anaya B and Emily M
First place: Behind the Black Ink: The Debate and Diplomacy on Censorship in World War II, Brad W
Senior Group Documentary
Second place: Protecting Its Sovereignty: The Legacy of Ethiopia, Sunmit H and Michael M
First place: Diplomacy with a Swing: The Brubeck Quartet and the "Behind the Iron Curtain" Tour, Senou K, Ajay T, and Sam T
Senior Group Exhibit
First place: Exposing the Dirty, Dirty War: Hidden Secrets and Controversies, Dae-Kyung K, Neha M, and Mark Z
Senior Group Website
First place: Stunted Debate, Silent Death: The AIDS Epidemic in the 1980s, Navya B and Vidya I
Senior Individual Exhibit
Second place: From Harlem to Europe: Cultural Diplomacy, Michaela T
First place: The Pink Triangle: The Debate Regarding Its Original Usage and the Diplomatic Movement to Repurpose the Symbol as one of Resistance and Liberation, Anna H
Senior Individual Website
First place: "Eugenics Movement of the United States: A Failure in Diplomacy", Matty M
First place: The Women’s Army Corps: The Debate Surrounding Women in the Army and the Impact of World War II Sparking Diplomatic Efforts to Promote Equality for Women, Chloe B
- Follow all the registration steps under the registration/student drop down menu. You will receive an email after your registration is complete.
- Please make sure you register all group members for group projects. It is easiest to register all group members at one time.
- Make sure to check with your teacher to verify who will be paying for your registration fees.
- Registration fees are $30. If you go to a Title One school, you may be eligible for a reduced or free registration. Talk with your teacher for details.
- All registration fees are due by the last day of registration at 11:59 PM. There is a $15.00 late fee for late registration after this date and time.
- Teachers should register BEFORE their students.
- Follow all the registration steps under the registration/teacher drop down menu to register yourself. Students will do the same for their own registration.
- Students will receive an email after the first step of registration and once their registration is complete.
- Student registration fees are $30. There is no registration fee for teachers. If you work at a Title One school, your students may be eligible for a reduced or free registration. Email us at NHDAZ@azhs.gov for eligibility and details.
- Make sure to let your students know who will be paying for their registration fees.
- All registration fees are due by the end of the registration period, late registration fees will be assessed after that time.
Thank you for your support of National History Day in Arizona!
Please click on the Judge's link on the top menu to register to judge for the Southern Arizona Regional Competition. Once registered you will receive materials on the 2022 theme: Debate and Diplomacy: Successes, Failures, and Consequences. Be prepared to attend online and in-person judge training.
Thank you in advance for your time and support of National History Day in Arizona.
If you have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org